Day 1: Mara Naboisho Conservancy
A day on safari at Naboisho (either from a longer stay or arriving today) enjoying safari activities such as game drives or village visits in the afternoon. In the evening, you'll be briefed about the activities over the days ahead.
Day 2: Fly Camp
Depart on foot from camp in the early morning with a daypack containing a picnic breakfast and snacks, stopping along the way to track wildlife, learn about the flora and fauna or simply to admire the scenery. You will typically walk for the whole morning, stopping in a shady spot at midday for a rest, and then heading out on a shorter walk in the afternoon to reach the camp. Depending on guests’ interests and fitness levels, wildlife sightings and weather, it may also be possible to arrive at the fly camp for a late lunch and siesta.
The evening is spent enjoying a campfire-cooked dinner, drinks around the fire and spectacular stargazing if the sky is clear. Fall asleep to the sounds of the bush.
Day 3: Fly Camp
The second day of walking, following a similar pattern to the previous day. If the camp stays in the same location you will go out on separate morning and afternoon walks, returning to camp to escape the heat of the day. If the fly camp is moved by our logistics team, this will be a full day of walking and exploring a new area, arriving in camp around 4 pm for a second evening out in the wilds.
Day 4: Naboisho
An early start for your walk back to Naboisho Camp this morning where you can collect your bags and be driven to the airstrip for the 11 am flight out. If your fly camp is too far away, you will be met part way by a driver from camp with your luggage and taken straight to the airstrip. Alternatively, you can extend your stay and spend another night or two at Naboisho.
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices are per person based on two people travelling together. Travel during some peak season months will incur higher rates.
Facilities at the Fly Camps
- Canvas dome tent with bedrolls
- proper duvets and pillows – twin share
- Shower tent with a bucket shower, toilet tent, a basin with a jug of water for washing hands/face etc.
- Towels and bedding provided
- Mess tent for meals undercover in the case of rain, but meals are generally served outdoors wherever possible
- Guests will leave their main luggage at Naboisho Camp, and we will transport overnight bags to the fly camp, so guests only need to carry a small day pack
NB. Fly camp may/may not move between 1st and 2nd night: depending on fitness levels of guests, weather conditions, etc.
- One night at Naboisho Camp on game package basis on first night
- Airstrip transfers at start and end from Ol Seki airstrip to Naboisho Camp
- Expert guiding for duration of the walking safari (morning of Day 2 to departure on Day 4)
- Two nights fly camping on full board basis (all meals and house drinks – soft drinks, local spirits, beers, house wines)
- Retention of tent at Naboisho Camp for the fly camping nights
- Naboisho conservancy fees for three nights
- Conservation charge and Medevac cover
- International flights and visa fees
- Activities not mentioned or stated as optional in the itinerary
- Other personal expenses, souvenirs, tips and gratuities, etc.