Include Kinondo Kwetu on these trips
The trips below showcase just some of what is possible. Use these itineraries as starting points, or to draw inspiration. Then get in touch, and let our expert team help craft the perfect itinerary for you.
What we love about Kinondo Kwetu
- It's a special location - situated on15.5 acres of a stunning shaded beach front, the lodge is on a designated protected area by the National Museum of Kenya. This is due to the holy forests and sacred land surrounding it.
- It's royally loved - not only perfect for honeymooners and couples, but Kinondo Kwetu is also a personal favourite of the King of Sweden!
- It has a great story - The grandfather of one of the current owners, Filip, was Baron Blixen's cousin, as featured in the film 'Out of Africa'. Tina Dryssen married Blixen's godson and built the first house of Kinondo Kwetu.
There are 5 cottages available, all have incredible views of the ocean, a spacious en-suite, and a private veranda.
Mama Taa Villa - comprised of 1 honeymoon suite, 1 family suite, 4 interconnecting rooms, and 2 double rooms. The villa is fitted with en-suite bathrooms, air-conditioning, and a private veranda or balcony
Mama Tina Villa - comprised of 1 double bedroom and 2 other bedrooms with a sharing bathroom.
Alex House - a private option comprised of 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and an open-plan living room and kitchen.
Activities at Kinondo Lodge
Diani Beach is a beautiful beach on Africa's east coast, and there's no shortage of things to do here. Here are a few of our favourites:
- Watersports, including scuba diving, snorkelling, windsurfing, sailing, water skiing, and canoeing
- On-site stables with five horses
- Lunch on a disappearing sand island
- Safaris to Shimba Hills Reserve, just a 45-minute drive away
- Cultural visits to Kinondo Village and spiritual rituals of local communities in the forest
Travel with Brilliant Africa
We custom-build every trip we run to match your dreams, budget, and appetite for luxury and adventure.
So, if you're interested in exploring the wonders of East Africa, get in touch with our expert team and let's get planning.
Ready to plan your African adventure?
We'll spend some time listening to your aspirations, then discuss the kind of experience that might suit you.
Next we'll discuss the options, shortlist the best trips for you and present you our impartial recommendations.
We'll place a 24 hour hold on your preferred option - without obligation - whilst we talk through the details.