Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
And then, just past the moment when the heat and the straight road ahead became the only reality, the coast unfolded before me, and there was the gorgeous coastline. A stretch of white sand punctuated by ancient baobab trees, the warm Indian Ocean lapping idly at the shore, lapping even at small thatched huts, the water a glassy mirage.
The itinerary below is designed to give you an overview of the route. Get in touch with our team for a full travel itinerary, or to create a tailor-made trip.
Day 1: Nairobi
You’ll be met outside arrivals at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport and welcomed to Kenya by your driver who will then drive you to your hotel. You will have the afternoon to relax and enjoy the facilities before your first delicious dinner in East Africa. You might be tired after your international flight, so you can get an early night before setting off on safari the following morning.
Overnight: House of Waine
Days 2-4: Masai Mara
After a leisurely breakfast at your hotel in Nairobi, you will be transferred to Wilson Airport in time for your connecting flight to the Maasai Mara. Upon arrival at the airstrip, you will be met by a guide who will take you on a short game drive back to the lodge.
Being in a private house gives you total flexibility to structure your days how you like, as you will have a private vehicle and guide throughout. You will also have a team of waiters, chefs, and managers on hand to ensure you are extremely well looked after during your stay.
You’ll spend three days in the bush before hopping on a plane and making your way to the coast.
Overnight: Mara Bush Houses
Days 5-7: Zanzibar
This morning you will be taken to the airstrip for your flight to Zanzibar. You will be greeted at the airport and transferred to your accommodation for the next three nights. There are lots of activities available in Zanzibar - some can be pre-arranged but many can be booked locally. Back on shore, you can enjoy beach walks and relaxing on the idyllic white sands of Africa’s tropical East Coast. And at the end of the day, you can expect tasty Swahili inspired dishes and the freshest seafood you will get anywhere.
Overnight: Matemwe Beach House
Day 10: Zanzibar Airport
Enjoy one final breakfast and some fresh fruit juice before packing up your bags and making your way back to the airport, where you will check in for your international flight home.
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
- Prices are per person based on two people travelling together. Travel during some peak season months will incur higher rates.
- Small adjustments to accommodation choices, routes, and activities can make a big difference to the cost of a trip in East Africa. The prices shown should be used as an indication only. Our team can create a tailor-made trip to suit your budget.
- Domestic flights.
- All road transfers and airport pickups/drop-offs.
- All accommodation as per the itinerary. Accommodation can be amended based on budget and preferences.
- All camping equipment where necessary.
- Fees for guides, scouts, drivers, and cooks.
- All entrance fees as per the program.
- Meal plan full board.
- Fees for all activities as per the program.
- Conservation charge.
- International flights and visa fees.
- Activities not mentioned or stated as optional in the itinerary.
- Other personal expenses, souvenirs, tips and gratuities, etc.