Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
Each year, we help hundreds of travellers explore East Africa. Every trip we run is tailor-made to match your dreams, budget, and appetite for adventure.
The itinerary below is designed to give you an overview of the route. Get in touch with our team for a full travel itinerary, or to create a tailor-made trip.
Day 1: Nairobi National Park
Upon arrival, you will be met at the airport and transfered to the stunning Emakoko in Nairobi National Park. At Emakoko, you are staying in a peaceful valley in the heart of the Nairobi National Park, enjoying a taste of safari from the very first moment of your trip.
Day 2 to 3: Borana Conservancy
Today you will head to the Borana Conservancy, via light aircraft, arriving at Lewa Airstrip. Once within the conservancy, you will game drive back to camp, arriving in time for lunch.
At Borana, activities range from game drives, walking safaris, horse riding or camel safaris to explore the wildlife-rich Lewa-Borana Conservancy. You have good chances of seeing white or black rhino here as well as big cats, elephant and species only found in northern Kenya such as Grevy’s zebra and reticulated giraffe.
Day 4 to 5: Namunyak Conservancy
From Borana, you will fly by light aircraft to the Matthews Mountain Range and game drive the final part of the journey to camp. This is one of Kenya’s most unique and beautiful wilderness areas, with a wide variety of activities to enjoy during your stay including time spent with the beautifully adorned Samburu people, witnessing the age-old traditions of the singing wells or visiting the community-run Reteti elephant orphanage.
Day 6-8: Masai Mara
Game drive to the airstrip and fly into the Masai Mara to begin the final part of your Kenyan safari adventure. Your guide will meet you and introduce you to the magic of the Masai Mara, famed as one of Africa’s most rewarding safari destinations for good reason. Stop along the way to enjoy any big cat sightings or other wildlife on your way to camp, where lunch and a warm welcome await you.
The camp is located on a conservancy, ensuring an unspoilt and uncrowded experience with the wildlife, as well as additional activities on offer such as walking safaris, balloon flights and community visits. Year-round, there is a wide variety of game to discover in the vast savannah plains, from prides of lion to cheetah stalking gazelles in the long grass, to pods of hippo splashing in a shallow corner of a river. Stopping at the end of each day with a cool drink in hand to toast the setting sun is a must-do, sharing stories with your guide about your adventures so far.
Overnight: Cottar’s 1920s Camp
Day 9: Mara North Airstrip
Enjoy your last breakfast at Cottar’s before heading to the airstrip and back to Nairobi to connect with your international flight home.
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
- Prices are per person based on two people travelling together. Travel during some peak season months will incur higher rates.
- Small adjustments to accommodation choices, routes, and activities can make a big difference to the cost of a trip in East Africa. The prices shown should be used as an indication only. Our team can create a tailor-made trip to suit your budget.
- Domestic flights.
- All road transfers and airport pickups/drop-offs.
- All accommodation as per the itinerary. Accommodation can be amended based on budget and preferences.
- All camping equipment where necessary.
- Fees for guides, scouts, drivers, and cooks.
- All entrance fees as per the program.
- Meal plan full board.
- Fees for all activities as per the program.
- Conservation charge.
- International flights and visa fees.
- Activities not mentioned or stated as optional in the itinerary.
- Other personal expenses, souvenirs, tips and gratuities, etc.