Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
Every honeymoon is different. At Brilliant Africa, our job is to listen to what your dream Tanzanian honeymoon looks like and then create a tailor-made itinerary to match your dreams, budget, and appetite for luxury and adventure.
The trip below is one example of what is possible in Tanzania, but get in touch with our team, and we'll help you understand if it's right for you.
- Upon arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport, you will be met at the airport and assisted through immigration and baggage collection as part of our VIP Meet & Greet service. You will then transfer to your accommodation in Arusha, some of our favourites here are Lake Duluti Lodge, Katambuga House, Gran Melia Arusha, or Arusha Coffee Lodge. Spend the evening at leisure, rest up after your international flight and get prepared for the adventure to come.
- The next morning, jump into a light aircraft and fly deep into the Serengeti National Park. Where you stay here will depend on the time of year you are visiting, the level of luxury you are looking for, and your budget.
- Spend the next 3 nights at a beautiful camp or lodge in the Serengeti, spending your days out on safari, returning for sundowners and dinner overlooking the vast savannah. This is the safari of your imagination.
- After a few days on safari, jump back into a light aircraft and head southeast to the beautiful Zanzibar archipelago. Spend the next 3 nights relaxing on the stunning beaches. There are many accommodation options in Zanzibar, and different regions have different characteristics. We can help you understand which option is right for you.
The itinerary below is designed to give you an overview of the route. Get in touch with our team for a full travel itinerary, or to create a tailor-made trip.
Days 1 to 3: Serengeti National Park
Upon arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport, we will meet you at the airport and help you through immigration and baggage claim as part of our VIP Meet and Greet service. Depending on your flight arrival time, you can either head straight to the Serengeti on this day, or (more commonly) have an overnight in Arusha before heading to the Serengeti the next day. Some of our favourites as a base in Arusha after your international flight are Lake Duluti Lodge and Katambuga House.
Next, board a light aircraft and fly deep into the Serengeti National Park. There are stunning views on this flight. You'll touch down at Kogatende Airstrip where a guide will collect you for a game drive en route to Sayari, in the northern Serengeti region. Once at Sayari, lunch will be served with an opportunity to relax and settle in. In the afternoon, you have the option of either relaxing in camp or heading out for a game drive in an open safari vehicle. Arriving back in camp at sunset, there’s a chance to freshen up before enjoying your first Sayari dinner experience followed by the opportunity to enjoy a drink around a proper safari campfire.
Depending on your preference, there are a couple of options with regard to how your day is structured. One option is to break camp early and head out with a picnic breakfast on a morning game drive, returning to camp in time for lunch. In the afternoon you can do another game drive or opt to relax by the pool with a good book. Alternatively, you can eat breakfast in camp and head out on your game drive with a picnic lunch, returning in the mid-afternoon. Private vehicle hire is an optional extra which further increases the flexibility afforded to you but must be booked in advance.
You’ll spend three days with us at Sayari before hopping on a plane and making your way to the tropical paradise that is Zanzibar for the remainder of your honeymoon.
Overnight: Sayari Camp
Days 4 to 6: Zanzibar
After three days spent exploring the Serengeti’s plains, Matemwe Retreat is the ideal location to end your honeymoon. After flying in from the Serengeti, you’ll be collected at the airport for a 90-minute drive through the city and across the island to Matemwe. Here, you have your own rooftop deck and plunge pool with panoramic views of Zanzibar’s coastline. You’ll also be treated to a private butler and chef, so there’s really no need to leave your villa. However, if you do feel like venturing out, there’s plenty to do that will keep you busy. You will quickly ease into the laid-back rhythm of island life, and the peaceful location and relaxed atmosphere make it the perfect place to unwind.
Fresh seafood, refreshing cocktails and relaxing massages come standard at Matemwe, but there really is no schedule while you stay with us. After breakfast, you can take a stroll down the beach, head out on a snorkelling excursion or take part in one of the many activities available on the island. A romantic lunch on your private sandbank, “Infinity Island” is a must for couples looking to do something different. Matemwe is just a 60-minute drive from Stone Town, allowing for easy day trips and excursions to all corners of the island. Your three days spent with us at Matemwe can be as busy or as relaxed as you please.
Overnight: Matemwe Retreat
Day 7: Zanzibar Airport
Today you will be driven back to Zanzibar Airport, a journey of approximately 90 minutes, where you will check-in for your international flight home.
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
- Prices are per person based on two people travelling together. Travel during some peak season months will incur higher rates.
- Small adjustments to accommodation choices, routes, and activities can make a big difference to the cost of a trip in East Africa. The prices shown should be used as an indication only. Our team can create a tailor-made trip to suit your budget.
- Domestic flights.
- All road transfers and airport pickups/drop-offs.
- All accommodation as per the itinerary. Accommodation can be amended based on budget and preferences.
- All camping equipment where necessary.
- Fees for guides, scouts, drivers, and cooks.
- All entrance fees as per the program.
- Meal plan full board.
- Fees for all activities as per the program.
- Conservation charge.
- International flights and visa fees.
- Activities not mentioned or stated as optional in the itinerary.
- Other personal expenses, souvenirs, tips and gratuities, etc.