What we love about Eden Nairobi
It's got history - designed and built by Tonio and Anna Trzebinski, the former family home has been transformed into a unique museum, brimming with artefacts and literature collected over a lifetime by the family.
It's in the perfect location for exploration - key sites to visit, such as Nairobi National Park, the Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, Karen Blixen Museum and the Giraffe Centre are all within a short distance, ready for you to explore after a good nights rest.
Creativity is at its heart - staying close to its links with culture, Eden Nairobi offers an Artist in Residence accommodation for creatives to get inspired from Eden's serene surroundings and community.
About Eden Nairobi
Founded by one woman and her life story, the beautiful Eden Nairobi is a truly incredible and unique property. Originally designed and built by Tonio and Anna Trzebinski, Eden offers its guests an 'immediate connection to a deeply authentic expression' of the family's home, adventures, and interesting history.
Situated on four acres of stunningly forested land in the Kenyan suburb of Langata, the Trzebinski former home has been transformed into a living breathing museum and gallery gilled with the family's own artwork and projects. Their own personal library and artefacts have been curated here, collected over a lifetime living on the continent.
During your stay at Eden, you have the unique chance to enjoy a fully immersive and contemporary cultural experience within the intimacy of the exclusive hotel.
Eden Nairobi Lodge is proactive in reducing its environmental footprint. Some of the initiatives they have dedicated themselves to include:
- Reducing the use of single-use plastic by ensuring all drinking water is obtained from the hotel’s own borehole, then purified for drinking
- Solar energy heats the hotel’s water boilers
- All water waste onsite is recycled to water the grounds
- Only natural biodegradable cleaning products are used for cleaning
- Minimal use of fossil fuels
- Living plants in the place of cut flowers
- All vegetable waste is fed to resident guinea fowl, peacocks and other wildlife
There are multiple accommodation options available for you at Eden Nairobi. Every room at Eden is designed and decorated by Anna Trzbinski, adorned with artwork and luxurious decor.
- 5 double rooms in the Main House, as well as garden and forest view rooms in Tonio’s Studio. These spacious bedrooms come with king-size beds, luxurious en-suite bathrooms with a shower and bathtub, and incredible canopy views.
- 3 Studio Lofts are also available as double or twin rooms. An open-plan space with large airy windows, a king-size bed, and an en-suite room with a shower.
Each bedroom is equipped with must-have mosquito nets, bathrobes, a hairdryer, and natural bath and body products.
Artist in Residence
This accommodation option is available for long-stay rentals at a weekly rate. This option is to 'encourage artists and creatives to benefit from Eden's serene surroundings and integrate with the local community.'
It has an open plan living with a dining space and a double bedroom that faces the kitchens garden.
The bedroom features a king-size bed that can convert into twin beds and an en-suite bathroom with a rain shower and bathtub.
- Artisinal Itineraries - Eden Nairobi offers an abundance of personalised itineraries for you to experience, ranging from workshop tours to country club visits, horse riding to glass blowing. In addition, arrange to explore the must-do national parks and historical sights with the help of the knowledgeable staff at Eden Nairobi.
- The Deck - a private and exclusive restaurant overlooking a stunning lake and nestled next to the Giraffe Sanctuary forest. Available by reservation only, this luxury place to dine is a must-do for lunch and dinner on your visit.
- The Art - featuring more than 200 pieces of work, the hotel is home to an extensive private collection of artworks created by Anna Trzebinski's family. Murals, ceramics, and statues surround you, always offering something new and interesting to look at.